THE #1 RULE TO FIGHT SPAM IS TO NOT REPLY TO IT. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM SPAM. THIS JUST ALLOWS THE SPAMMERS TO KNOW THAT THEY HAVE A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS!
There are a number of things you can do:
1. Have us filter your E-mail for SPAM. For more information visit http://www.BustSPAM.net/.
2. Use an E-mail client that has good Anti-SPAM filters.
Microsoft Outlook 2003
Mail for Mac OS X
PocoMail - News Story
3. Setup your own filters using either our WebMail system or your E-mail client software.
Once logged in, perform the following steps:
Windows Tip: Outlook Rules Wizard
- Click on the Settings button on the top navigation bar.
- Open on the Filtering folder link listed under the My Settings folder in the left column.
- Click on the Content Filtering link listed under the Filtering folder in the left column.
- Click on the New icon to create your first filter and follow the on screen instructions.
- Click on the Save button located at the top when done.
- You may now Logout the WebMail system or perform other activities
Filter Email in Outlook Express
Windows Tip: Stop Spam in Its Tracks
4. Use a distributed filter plugin for your E-mail client
Free Download of the Day: iHateSpam
SpamAssassin for Outlook
Spambo - (Soon to be released!)
These organizations can be used to report SPAM:
Mail Abuse Prevention System LLC
Here are some additional articles about SPAM:
What to Do About Spam
Spam Update With David Kramer
The Trouble With Spam and What to Do About It
Companies taking desperate steps against spam
Spam Tracking Page
The Spam Problem: Moving Beyond RBLs